Friday, October 16, 2009

Volleyball


This year I am playing on the freshmen volleyball team. All summer I was looking forward to playing on a team I was hoping I would make it. So far, we have had a really good season. We have been winning most of our games and we have always made it to the play offs in every tournament. Last Saturday we had a tournament at Ladywood Highschool. We stared of the day with a record of one and one. As the tournament went on we were doing really good and kept on winning.
When pool play was over we had a record of seven and one. We were in second place over all. The whole team was excited for out next few games. My team made it to the semi finals only realizing that we would have to play Ladywood again. To make it on we would have to beat them two times instead of just one. Everyone was really nervous for the game but we knew we could do it. We started the first game off very strong! We all were pumped and knew we had to play good again to keep going. The second game was a little bit closer, but we kept strong and ended up winning it.
Now we were on to the finals! We were out sitting in the the hallway when our coach came and told us we would be playing Northville. We have played Northville 2 times and each time we have taken them to a third game. So we have always been good competition for each other. I was so nervous I could barely even talk. We got out on the court and the game started. We started off playing really bad and we were down by ten points. Our coach called a time out, we all talked and we knew we had to go out and do better. We got the ball back and started to play really good. We were getting hits, kills, and everything was much better. The game was really close. Amazing volleys went back and forth for both teams. Although we ended up loosing our second line went out and also played a great game! Northville is a great team and we will always play great games against them. I’m glad we played good and everyone was really happy afterwards. I mean common we made I to the finals! Over all, we had a great tournament

3 comments:

  1. I can tell you're passionate about volley ball. I usually can't sit through sports games, let alone read a sports article, but your blog has a nice effect.



    P.s. Sorry if this comes up twice, I had a posting issue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really wish I could have gone to one of your games, but I had cross country everytime you had a game. Allie you are a goddess at volleyball.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked how you talked about what it meant to you to make the team. I also wanted to say that you are going down next week in gym.

    ReplyDelete